All About Us
Founded in 2009, The Woodlands Chorale is a community chorus that performs in The Woodlands, TX about 23 miles north of the city of Houston. For the fifteen years prior to 2009, this chorale was under the umbrella of The Woodlands Symphony and was known as The Woodlands Symphony Chorus. When the symphony ceased performing in the Spring 2009, the core chorus members and artistic director chose to follow their vision to perform beautiful classical and contemporary choral music for our community.
The mission of the Woodlands Chorale is:
- To uphold the highest standards in the performance of classical and contemporary choral repertoire
- To reach out into the community to attract, educate, and inspire the broadest possible audience
- To recruit the best singers in our community as members of the Chorale
Read a recent article on the chorale published in the April 2018 issue of "Neighbors of the Woodlands" magazine.
J. David Faber, PhD
J. David Faber, Ph.D. is the Choral Director at Lone Star College - North Harris where he directs the concert and jazz choirs, and teaches class piano, music appreciation and ear training. His BA is from Shepherd University in West Virginia. He holds MM and PhD degrees from West Virginia University in Music Education and Voice. In addition to his duties at North Harris, Dr. Faber is the founding Artistic Director of The Woodlands Chorale, and the organist for The Woodlands Community Presbyterian Church. In his free time, he is an avid weight lifter and runner, having completed 20 marathons.
Marshall Davies, PhD Accompanist
Pianist and teacher Dr. Marshall Davies serves as a staff accompanist at Lone Star College-Montgomery. Dr. Davies has extensive experience as an accompanist in musical theatre, opera, choral music, jazz, and dance. Recent concert appearances include collaborative performances with flute, horn, oboe, saxophone, trombone, trumpet, tuba, voice, jazz ensemble, and string orchestra. Dr. Davies graduated from Eastman School of Music as a Master of Music in Performance and Literature (Piano) in 1992 and as a Doctor of Musical Arts in Performance and Literature (Piano) in 1996.
- Gary Wooddell - President
- Anne Campbell - Vice President
- Zachary Carr - Treasurer
- Michael Rock - Secretary
- Caroline Polgar - Director at Large
- Edward Gibson - Director at Large
- Laura McMeans - Director at Large
- Erin Love - Director at Large
- Daniela Herrero - Director at Large